This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature request: send email on new form/change to form

1. williamansley

This is related to my previous request for a form creation/update approval process:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/feature-request-form-approval-process?replies=1

My current request is much simpler to implement (at least in my inexpert opinion) but would be quite helpful in allowing us to monitor new forms and changes to forms. I am requesting that a feature be added to Machform so that the software could send out an email notification to a designated user or list of users whenever a new form was created or an existing form was updated.

Here is some background on why I want this feature. As a community college in New York state in the United States, we have to be very careful about what kinds of data are collected by forms associated with our institution and how it is used. This means that our administration is unwilling to let our faculty and staff freely create and manage their own forms, but it will place quite a burden on a small number of staff in the Office of Communications or IT if all of the forms are centrally managed and we start using Machform forms extensively. If we did have this feature, I think our administration would be more open to letting individual users manage their own forms.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. JamesHeathcote

We would like the option of the above but allowing the following; when an admin amends an already collated form, for example adding a new question, it should be possible for admins to "notify creator of changes/updates using field ... email"

This way, when we add the question, the user is sent their record again with the amended field highlighted for completion. They can then save their form which in turn updates the admin.

I would recommend to that admins create a question which asks if the creator wishes to have their details removed.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic