This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Feature Request: Simple Mathmatical forms

1. EdwardBarend

Hi Guys, firstly thanks for a great program!!!!

One of the things I note that appears to be missing is the ability of forms to conduct simple mathmatical functions say in the case of having someone register for a conference or event where there will be items such as different types of registration types, ancillary functions/events, and possibly accommodation requirements. An example of what I mean can be found at http://www.raaa.com.au/convention/delegate-online-registration.html.

For background, my main profession is a bean counter (numbers man), not a programmer.

I think this functionality could easily be incorporated into Machforms using the same principle as the current Matrix choice. That is instead of option a,b, c, d this could be:

Repeating lines for an individual matrix could be
    Line item Name (ie, registration type 1),
    Line item Unit Cost (inputed in the Machtech control panel)
    Number of Units (selcted by the form user based on constraints inputted in the Machtech control panel ie 1,2,3,4,5 only or 1 to 100, etc)
    and the at the end of an individual matix total value for all line items $****.**

Then combine this with a reference cell that has the ability to add totals of individual matix's (ie, maxtix 1 total + matrix 2 total + matix 3 total, etc = total value).

The example referenced above probably better describes what I mean.

Do you guys think its possible to program this is to our options?

Also, looking forward to other "non paypal" payments otion.

Cheers
    Edward

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your feedback on this.
    At this moment there is no easy way to do such kind of calculation.

We're looking forward to add more advanced calculation functionality in the future.
    However, I'm afraid we can't promise you anything specific yet for now. Sorry!

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. inthanet

Hi there,
    exact this I missing too. Would be great to have calculation functionality in the future.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. inkpotprinting

Yes please I would like to add my vote for this. It would be even better for form elements to specify row and column of a spreadsheet for the calculation to be performed on, instead of having the numerical values directly associated with the elements.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. dormesher

I just plopped cash down for the upgrade to 3.4 and it's awesome, except for this very obvious missing feature that I would have thought might have been...well, obvious. It's the one thing that would make someone like me, who loves the idea of FileMaker Pro but not the idea of all the programming involved. I am about to move on over to Bentō to see if that can do this. It's not a total loss, but it is a deal breaker for two applications that I specifically bought it for. Shame on me for not doing my homework.

PLEASE include this at some point, or someone write up a patch that would make this whole thing much easier.

Thank you....

...as satisfied as a dissatisfied customer can be :)

Great app, just missing that one zinger.

David

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. ngweb

just to repeat dormesher's point above, PLEASE add this feature, it is essential. Machform is a great product apart from (the lack of) this feature. Please add price * quantity functionality, or a workaround/code to implement it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. croc

This feature would make this product PERFECT to me. I want it so bad I would participate in the development costs (within reason of course)

Thanks for a great product!!!

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic