This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Feature requests :) (some that I'd pay for!)

1. jonathanryan

So I bought Machforms about 2 hours ago and I've been playing with it to design forms ever since.

First up - AWESOME app. And totally incredible for the price. Nice work.

Now the feature requests (hey, I paid you £19 so I get to tell you what to do next, don't I?). A couple of these I'd be happy to pay for and I've marked them with £££ - if you could roll them all up into a "pro" version then I'd probably pay 2-3X the price for them.

1. DNS validation on email addresses
    2. An easy way to change the labels on the address fields. (I know I can hack the output). For some reason state/province/region annoys some UK users.
    3. A way to save my preferences. I always want to default addresses to the UK, I usually want forms emailed to me etc
    4. Conditional fields £££ This would be huge (and probably very difficult). Field 1 could be yes/no. If I say yes, I get to fill out fields 3 & 4. Otherwise not.
    5. A way to break down name fields. So if Suzy Smith is filling out a form for her and Bill Johnson I can send a response email to "Suzy and Bill".
    6. A way to restrict what files can be uploaded (e.g. *.jpg filter)
    7. A way to restrict the SIZE of files uploaded £££
    8. A hook into ImageMagick on upload £££

(as background to some of these I want to use a form to allow entries to a competition - entrants must upload a 100K jpeg picture of themselves. It hurts my servers if they send a 30MB PSD....)

That's all I can think of for the moment - there are bound to be more ;)

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Jonathan -- thank you for your comprehensive suggestion. It's always nice to hear some suggestion :)

The conditional fields is indeed the most difficult part, since it would require a lot of changes.

I never use ImageMagick before. Are you using this to convert image type?

Restricting file upload type is definitely on our todo list.

However, for the file size, this need to be done from your side. You will need to adjust the max size in your php.ini file. Most hosting doesn't allow direct modification to this file, so you might better contact them to change it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. jonathanryan

>> The conditional fields is indeed the most difficult part, since it would require a lot of changes.

Yep I figured that. You have to admit it would be cool though. Go on, you know you want to....

>> I never use ImageMagick before. Are you using this to convert image type?

The use I can see for it is to resize the file if it's too big and convert file type if necessary. That gets you out of 2 bits of work ;) Punter could theoretically try to upload a 300 MB tiff and Image Magick would drop it down to a 100 KB jpeg. I'm a little hazy how it works though - it may be that IM has to upload the entire file first. Which would be kind of bad - but better than leaving a 300 MB file on my server. It could also create thumbnails which would be cool for the confirmation page.

Actually after a day kicking the tyres, number 5 would currently be top for me. The ability to split names into forename and surname. This would make it easier to merge people into my contacts database and also make the emails much more friendly. I always hate getting stuff saying "Dear Jonathan Ryan".

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic