This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] Features Request

1. mindquest

Nice application!
    Just getting started with it but seems to me I need:

1. A "how to" edit list of certain key aspects of the css to control form style. Font title description, form names, form color, size, error messages, etc. Documentation is easiest actual web 2.0 type control even better!

2. Create a duplicate form since the css is created separate, it would great to be able to just duplicate an existing form and edit.

3. Some preset forms like the demo.

4. Create Form Title with hide in website option so it lables the email and not the site. If you leave it out you get lables like 1.- 2.- 3 etc. Cant tell unless you really know which is that number.

I know you have a long list of things you want to do - just thought I would ad my initial feedback.

Thanks for the app!.. and the help I've gotton so far with getting started.

M.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hey,, thanks for writing such detailed request!

1) At this moment, I'm still preparing an easy editor for the CSS. I can't promise you when will it be done yet. But I'm sure you gonna love it!

For now, have you used Firebug? It's a plugin for Firefox, very useful for editing/inspecting CSS. You might want to check it here: http://www.getfirebug.com

Highly recommended and I don't know if I could live without it.

2) This feature is definitely will be added for the next closest release (version 1.3)

3) I'm still considering this one.

4) Hmm..nice idea. Thanks, I just realized this. I'll think more about it.

If you have any other suggestion, feel free to post it here.
    I have a big list of suggestion/feature request which I think would be great for the future version of MachForm.

Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. mindquest

Glad to help, thanks for the firebug info. I work in Dreamweaver and trying to create a work around where I can edit CSS locally first then upload to app. You may find there are many that will need this. If I come up with something useful I'll post it.

Thanks again.

M.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. mindquest

Features request:
    When managing emails:

1. A select all or check boxes then delete emails - This way you dont have to go to each email and delete with error message to accept. Makes for a long process at times.

2. A way to toggle though all the email form groups at one time. Or see at a glance if there is anything new in any form you have and which one it is. - This way when a client owns all the forms in the database and want to check for orders or requests you can quickly see if you have any activity. Otherwise you have to open each form panel and then click Entries. If you have 5-10 forms online - gets a bit tiring..may as well just check your email box.

Always ending with great app!

Mikal

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. mindquest

In editing emails: Actually you can see how many at a glance when toggling only slide panels at the start. Never mind this feature request to viw all at one time - that can certainly wait.

Mikal

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

1) A select all or check boxes then delete emails -- this is definitely going to be added.

2) I assume you have noticed the "Today's entries" when toggling the slide panels. Hmm.. do you think it wasn't clear enough? text too small perhaps? I think I'll redesign it a bit.

Thanks again

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. mindquest

The entries is clear enough.

I have some more feature requests :)

5. Image upload next to an entry. - we have icons for certain items (nice to have this neatly next to a form if needed)

6. A tooltip option on field names "?" icon (smooth java) pop up to explan an item if nessasary.

7. On the config-delete you have to tweak and save as - in the reCap.. part an example of how to enter it. This if your dealing with people who will just replace the message..like me. I figure out it went inbetween the two hash marks. :)

8. A search on this blog to find some already answered questions. - Might save time for you guys too.

Happy Holidays!

Mikal

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. mindquest

9. A way to allow clients to view entires but not edit the forms or even see it. This way they dont change anything.

m.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Hmm.. nice ideas.

Sorry about #7. I saw a lot of people doing the same mistake. So I guess I need to explain it better there.

I'll put up a search box to this forum real soon. It's a pain indeed to browse the whole forum just to get simple answer.

Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. mindquest

What about image upload, tooltip and client views. :) I know I'm not making your life any easier, but these are big parts on how and how much we can use the forms.

10. A way to adjust which forms tabs are shown as far as order. The builder does this nicely in the fields part. Nice to have Packages and all packages under this section. Just in case they were not all completed at the same time.

I hope you are taking these requests in the best possible way. Its good at what it does - I guess I just a power user and testing the limits.

m

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. yuniar

The client views is something that I have thought before, so I think it will be implemented in some way.

Tooltip, hmm ... we already have guidelines. What would be the difference?

Image upload, actually I'm kinda confused with this one. Can you explain it a bit more?

About the form tabs, which tab do you refer to?

All feature requests and bug reports are being submitted to FogBugz, our project management system. However, each of them might have different priority to be implemented. So you might see some of the features implemented in the next release immediately, while the others have to wait for other release.

So don't worry, all your request won't get lost :)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. yuniar

Ok, forum search added! :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.