This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Features request!

1. markritchie

Hi Yuniar,

It's been awhile since I have been around here on the forums. I had introduced you to the auto expanding iFrame script awhile back.

Anyways, I know your planning on releasing your next version very soon but was hoping it wasn't too late to consider some other requests that would make your software much better. I know I had talked about a couple of ideas before so they may be repeated as I cannot remember what I had posted!

1.) Instead of clicking on "Edit this entry" shouldn't there also be an option to "View this entry"? Once you click on "View this entry" the screen would show you what was submitted in the form in a text format rather than showing the entry "in" the form.

2.) The ability to "reply" back to a person who had submitted an entry. Right now you have to click on "Edit this entry" and scroll down "in the form rather than text format" and locate the email address, copy and paste it into your email program then submit an email. Having a "Reply to this entry" button would be nice which could open up a persons default email program with the email address already in the "To" field.

3.) Having the actual "email address" in the "View entries" screen would be nice. Possibly taking the place of the "Title" column?

I believe these 3 items would benefit everyone who uses MachForm! Hopefully you will give them some consideration (if you already haven't).

Thanks and looking forward to seeing your next version.

Mark

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Mark,

Yes, next week is the schedule for the release. I'm currently preparing some docs.

1) Yep, exactly.
    2) You will be able to reply back to the person who had submitted the entry. However, it won't be using reply button from MachForm. Instead, the email being sent to you will be using their email address. So you can simply hit reply from your own mail client.
    3) What do you mean by the actual email address?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. markritchie

Hi Yuniar,

In regards to what I meant about the actual email address...

It would be nice to have the email address that a person submits in the form to show up on the "View entries" screen in a column. Just like you have First Name - Last Name - Title - Company - etc.

Mark

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. formboy

Hi Yuniar

I'm new to MachForm and love it. I like the idea from markritchie (point 2) for being able to reply to email and I'd be happy with the method you say you'd use. Will it be possible to choose (for a particular form) if the email sender is either the submitter or what is set globally in config as it is now?

Also I've seen mods for sending email of form entry to submitter. Will this become a built in feature, maybe selectable for an individual form?

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

The email sender will be customizable for each form. If none specified, it will use the default sender in your config file.

And yes, sending the form entry to the submitter will also available as built in feature, selectable for individual forms.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. formboy

Wow, that's such good news, you seem to have all my needs covered :-) What would happen for a form with file upload? It looks to me at the moment that the admin email has a link to the uploaded file that needs a log-in when clicked. Will it be possible to remove that bit from the submitter email?

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. yuniar

For the submitter email, the download link will be stripped. So only the name of the file is being sent.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. franki

Hi yuniar, I too would find a reply to a form submitter including a customizable subject line and message area very useful. Right now I see the option in the admin panel Entry Options > Email, but that only forwards the record and doesn't allow adding any notes. My example would be if someone fills out a form for a price quote on a product, then I would follow the steps above in the Entry Options area which would open a "reply to" form that I can fill out and dispatch to the person who inquired and they will receive my response along with their message (optional).

I know I can simply use my email client to do the same thing, but to have it all contained in the backend of machform working directly with the database would be fantastic!
    Any slight interest in making something like this a future feature??

Thanks again!

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. cdaters

I hope that this will be clear. Currently, you include Section Break's in the "Add a Field" pallet. Consider this...

We are a print shop that offers multiple services. Not all of those services are related to each other. So in the case of a "Request for Quote" form, a customer might require CD/DVD disc duplication services, but not any actual printing services. We do not want required fields in our printing services section to prevent the user from sending the form if all they require is CD/DVD duplication. However, there are fields which we deem "required" for users who desire printing services.

To state this another way, my form might have a section related to disc duplication as well as one for printing. Within those respective sections, there will be required fields. So if the printing section is not filled out (because it is not needed), the required fields for that section should not prevent the form from being sent.

So my request is actually for a mechanism that will only apply "required" field settings if that respective section is used.

Perhaps from the client perspective this could be in the form of a question. For example, "Do you require Printing Services?" Checking the box results in expanding into the Printing Services section complete with the required fields for that section. Otherwise the user moves on to the next section or action appropriately, and the form likewise processes the form appropriately when the user clicks on the submit button.

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic