This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Field Alignment not printing right

1. Plastic
    Pro Member

I am using a 6 column field alignment. Although it doesn't show that way on my Admin design it shows properly on the finished form. However, when the filled in form is submitted by the user, the emailed version shows the fields without the field alignment. Instead of being 6 fields across horizontally as designed, the fields are displayed vertically. That takes up a lot more room when I print that out for saving. How can I stop the fields from displaying improperly in the emailed versions.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

What you describe is the expected and intended behaviour of Machform. The field alignment doesn't apply the setting to the email, only to the front-end display of the form.

However you do get some control over the email design - if you know basic HTML you can set up the email message any way you like, including having (for instance) an HTML table with six columns, and one field name place-holder in each cell. There's nothing more that will automatically do this in the email template as it can be done in the form's design.

That said, I think an email design tool (done in the same way as the form designer itself) with drag and drop function to place the fields and fully customise the email message would be a good addition to Machform but it may be a bit difficult to achieve this for HTML emails, since email clients are dodgy and unpredictable at best when it comes to displaying HTML content.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Plastic
    Pro Member

Thanks for your quick response. I thought it might be that way, but was hoping for a quick fix. I'll look into the HTML approach..

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. jmvaughn

I would also love to see an email format editor, or have the email format automatically follow the online format (especially field / column alignment).

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic