This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Form as HTML like in the free version

1. sub

Hi there,

after i tested nearly every form component of joomla im so absolutely glad to found yours.

In your free version you get an html code to implement, in the paid just an iframe-code.
    I need it like in the free version cause i need to do some joomla-specific tags around it to get a long form displayed in three tabs.

I tried it like this: i did a form with your script, display it in the browser and took the source-code of it. I published a new content-element in Joomla and did the html-source-code of the ready-form-site in it. So i could put in my joomlatags. Looks great, but doesnt work.

Thanks for help in this difficult question.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm.. ok, pForm (http://www.phpform.org) was designed to allow you create static HTML forms. No php file is being generated, no email capability and database saving.

While MachForm was designed to become a fully functional form builder/processor, hence there is no option to generate static HTML form only.

If you prefer to use MachForm to generate static HTML form as pForm, here is my suggestion:

1) Extract the form.zip file which you get from pForm into a certain folder. Let say we extract it to a folder named folderX.
    2) Took the form HTML source code from MachForm (exactly as you did).
    3) Save the HTML source code into form.html file which is located under folderX.
    4) Edit form.html file, adjust the path for javascripts and css. It should be few lines on top. Something like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="./data/form_226/css/view.css" media="all">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/view.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/calendar.js"></script>

Adjust it to become:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="view.css" media="all">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="view.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar.js"></script>

Your form should be working now. Or if it doesn't, adjust those path to the correct path.

Is that what you mean?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. sub

Thanks for your quick reply! With this workaround can i use the features (email capability and database saving)?

I want to use my machform-generated form in joomla and i dont want to wrap it because of serveral causes. If i want to publish content in Joomla i can put in html or (with plugins) php.

I want to use the machform-form as it is but dont want to integrate via iframe. Where is the php-file which is generated located?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

The email and database should be working as normal. Make sure to set your form action to point the view.php file.

At this moment, I'm afraid iframe is the only supported option which should be working properly. So it might be difficult to fully integrate machform with Joomla without using iframe.

The file which generate the form code is includes/view-functions.php

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. madeye

joomla should work happily with the PHP code, as it uses PHP itself and MYSQL dbs.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. sub

You mena just paste the code of vie-functions and put into content?

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Hmm.. have you tried the steps above?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic