This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Form Creation / Changes lost due to Session Timeout?

1. ironsoup

Yuniar and company,

Recently we were working on a creating a new form, but had forgotten to hit save and left the computer until the following day.

While I still need to verify whether or not my colleague closed the form, basically the changes were never saved and we had to start from scratch building the form all over again.

Two questions, A) Is there a login session timeout for Machforms V4? and B) Whether or not there is a timeout, have you considered adding some kind of prompt or dialog to warn the user creating the form that their changes will be lost if they close the window without saving (or if a session is about to timeout?)

Love Machforms V4, so far working wonderfully. Great work.

-Mike

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

When you are building a new form or editing a form, MachForm automatically ping/connect to your server already, every 5 minutes or so to prevent session timeout.

If you were getting timeout, most likely your computer was running into standby mode and it stopped pinging the server.

I agree that we need to add a dialog to prompt the user to save the form if the window is being closed without saving the form.
    Thank you for the feedback.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. ironsoup

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. ironsoup

Btw my forums response above initially failed when I first attempted to post (like 10 seconds before the last post.) Here's what I saw just FYI!

http://ge.tt/3ie1CHg1/v/0?c

-Mike

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic