This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Form Disappeared

1. vmills

Yes, that's right. It vanished, and the "this form is currently inactive" message took its place. The form had been working fine for several months. I logged in to the admin area, and there were no forms there. I assumed the site owner had accidentally deleted it, but he assured me that he had never even logged in and that no one else had access.

I called the hosting company (HostGator) and confirmed the database was still there with tables, but there are no records. Any ideas how this could happen? If the host updated or restarted mysql could it empty the files? Obviously, I would like to to prevent this from happening in the future.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup of the database, so I recreated the form. But I still get "this form is currently inactive", although I see the form in the admin area and it says it is enabled. I recopied the code (and interestingly it gave this form an id of "3") onto the web page, but still get the error.

Any ideas what has happened here and what I can do to fix it?

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

That's weird.

MachForm won't delete any of your form/data without any direct command from admin user.
    Possibilities are, someone must have deleted it (either from the admin panel or database backend) or the the tables were damaged.

Restarting mysql shouldn't empty any database.
    I can only suggest to backup your database from now on, to prevent anything like this happened again in the future.

Regarding the "form inactive" problem, are you sure you have copied the new form code?
    Each form would have its unique form id number.

If the problem persist, please contact us directly:
    customer.service [at] appnitro.com

Let us know your MachForm login info and we'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic