This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Form IDs

1. ironsoup

Yuniar,

Hope all is well. I was reviewing the latest version of Machforms and noticed the form IDs no longer auto generate in sequential order. It now appears to be random.

Could you give some specifics as to how you are generating the form IDs?

For example, I made 3 forms in a row, and the IDs are: 10517, 12406, 13321.

See this screenshot: http://ge.tt/6SNJxQe/v/0?c

Wouldn't it better to have the IDs in sequential order? So in the event of having a lot of forms, you don't start running into overly large table names.

Thanks!

-Mike

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Actually, this is a feature, that I, among others, requested. The issue being addressed by this is that, if all of your forms are sequentially numbered, then someone can easily view all of your forms if they know the URL for any one of them. I won't go into why I wanted this feature for the sake of brevity, but it is a valid reason for my purposes and I don't want to see it go away. I wouldn't mind if "random" vs. sequential form IDs was made a setup option for Machform, as long as the way it works now is achievable without modifying baseline code.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. ironsoup

Gotcha, actually that was a concern for my uses as well in the past pre machforms 3.4. Had always meant to implement my own kind of id + unique string when viewing any particular form. But I guess this new implementation does the trick!

Thanks for reply.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Mike -- yes that is a new feature to randomize the form id number. Don't worry about the table names. You should be able to create millions of forms

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic