This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Form Submission / Replies

1. xirnibor

is it possible to have a user submit a question with this form product, and it be visible on the same page, or another page? (ie a results type page) -
    i'm looking to do a question / response type page -

all replies appreciated.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

No, the only register of responses is visible to the administrators, unless you take out the "check_session();" line in the entries page - but that then renders it unprotected (by password) and open to everyone, not the intention of the software.

It's not really an "FAQ" or "Knowledgebase" type application which is what your question is suggesting.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. xirnibor

i'm trying to put something together for a 'ask the candidate' type of page, shareholders can ask a question to perspective board members, and they will submit a response to the question - i wanted the response visible. is it possible to copy code from the body of the entry page to be visible without the rest of the machform page? i just want the question/response visible to the public, not so much the framework surrounding the machform page if that makes sense.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

You are wanting a bare-bones "entries" list, I understand.

I suppose you could make a copy of the "entries" page and remove the password protection (the check_session(); bit) and then with a bit of work with CSS and HTML make a presentable page, but it will certainly need moderate skills in CSS and HTML to do.

I'm sure that's one of the more popular requests for new features Appnitro's received, to have a way to display entry information on a public web page, as well as having the back-end entries list. The list could be done in the same fashion as the forms; embed with iframe, java script etc.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic