This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Form Submitted Acknowledgment

1. debra

Once a form is submitted, I would like to place a link in the "Form Submitted. Thank you" section so the client can click for additional information. How would I do this?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

Use HTML codes to accomplish that. For example, this submission confirmation message:
    "Success! Your submission has been saved! <p>Get more information at msn. </p> "
    Yields the message:

Success! Your submission has been saved!
    Get more information at <u>msn</u>.

The msn is a link to www.msn.com.

I'm not sure how this forum engine handles HTML code, so it it appears puzzling and doesn't display correctly, email me at dev@vosses.us.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. DaveVoss

I couldn't get this forum's engine to display the HTML code as text. I'll try again This is what I put into the submission message box:

"Success! Your submission has been saved! <p>Get more information at msn. </p>"

EXCEPT that there are no quotes around the line, but there are quotes around "http://www.msn.com"

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. DaveVoss

I give up. Email me.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. DaveVoss

OK, one more time:

Here's the text I used:
    Success! Your submission has been saved! <p>Get more information at <a href="http://www.msn.com">msn</a>. </p>

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. DaveVoss

Finally! When in trouble read the directions, Dave.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. debra

Thank you DaveVoss!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. drumaboy46

Can we still use html like this in the latest builds?

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. AMurray
    Pro Member

Yes - or you can build a custom "thank you" page to redirect to that contains anything you like - it is just a standard web page. The quick and easy way is to just put a "thank you message" in the Form Properties box but you can use an external web page to redirect as your thanks page.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. drumaboy46

ok thanks.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic