This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Form Title / Description

1. Lokidog

Firstly, loving the new version!

Ok now the question. How do I prevent the page title and description from appearing at the top of every page of my form? In the edit mode everything looks great with the page breaks and the contents but when viewed the description is there at the top of every page, normally I wouldn't mind but the description is an introduction letter and instructions on how to fill the form out. so it's quite wordy. Is it possible to remove it from showing at the top of every page or is there a work-around?

Any ideas?

Lokidog

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You can simply edit the theme of your form and put this code below into the advanced section of your theme:

#main_body .form_description{
      display: none !important;
    }

this should hide the form title and description.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Lokidog

Perfect, thank you!

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Lokidog

Ooops!

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I would like the the form title/descrition to appear on the first page but not the others.

#main_body .form_description{
    display: none !important;
    }

This removes it completely form the all pages.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Ah.. I see. This is possible through some PHP modification.
    Edit the "includes/view-functions.php" file, search around line 4458-4462 for this block of code:

if(empty($mf_settings['disable_machform_link'])){
    	$powered_by_markup = 'Powered by <a href="http://www.appnitro.com" target="_blank">MachForm</a>';
    }else{
    	$powered_by_markup = '';
    }

exactly below that block of code, add this code:

if($page_number > 1){
    	$form_desc_div = '';
    }

that should do it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Lokidog

Perfect! Thank you.
    It now does exactly what I want it to do.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. bjose

Yuniar, first off, thanks for the above tip. We've got a similar requirement - the description should not show up on all but the first page. The above code will hide the entire form description div, which includes the title as well. Wondering how do I go about getting rid of only the form description from the all pages other than the first one, but keep the form title on all pages?
    Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. yuniar

bjose -- you can edit the same file, search around line 4841 for this code:

if(!empty($form->name) || !empty($form->description)){
        $form->description = nl2br($form->description);

change it to become:

if(!empty($form->name) || !empty($form->description)){
        $form->description = nl2br($form->description);
        if($page_number > 1){
            $form->description = '';
         }

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. bjose

That worked! Appreciate your help, Yuniar.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. rayray519

1 more questions on this topic, how and where do I edit the description for each page? I have a multi-page form, and I'd like to make the page description text bold and a different size, but leave the actual page numbers the same.

Thanks,

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Lokidog

Hi.
    If you go to the beginning of your form in the form editor you will find the pagination (showing pages 1 to 10 for example) section under your form title and description field. If you click this area, just to the right in the fields editor you'll find the pagination header style panel appear, just under that you can edit the page titles. The text will automatically bold when in the viewable form for each page so you know which page you are viewing in your form.
    As for changing the font size and "pre-bolding" the text this might be possible in the Theme editor for your form, I'm not sure, hope this helps.

Check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gs2q9JnMnWs#!

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. rayray519

Great this was helpful, thanks very much!

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Julie

hi there

I would like the the form title/descrition to appear on the first page but not the others - i've seen the instructions for 3.3 where you edit the

"includes/view-functions.php" file,

However it doesn't seem to work for version 3.4? it generates an error and it is impossible to save the form.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. yuniar

Julie -- you can try edit the "includes/view-functions.php" file. Search around line 4593 for this code:

if(!$has_guidelines){
    	$container_class .= " no_guidelines";
    }

right below that block of code, add this code:

if($page_number != 1){
    	$form_desc_div = '';
    }

that should do it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic