This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

/form_1/files is empty, but the form is working fine... what's up?

1. paulusdebkb

Hi all,

I'd like to go in and edit the html code of my brand new form, but the file isn't showing up on my server. The folder 'form_1' contains 2 folders: css and files. View.css is present, but nothing in files. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. redityo

You're looking in the right place, maybe the folder/files not generated properly. To fix it, you can upload the view.css file manually to "form_1 -> CSS" folder. Then make sure your data folder have "777" permission and your web safe mode setting is turned off.

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. awarner20

I just checked my installation and am experiencing the same thing as paulusdebkb. My data folder is set to 777 and in the CSS folder, I can see the view.css file. However, in the files folder there is nothing. I have two forms working fine, but nothing in the files folder for either.

(not sure what you mean when you say "web safe mode turned off") This is on a hosted server.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Ok, so the "files" folder is supposed to be empty if you form don't have any file upload field or you haven't uploaded any file.

Have you tried uploading small file?
    Try to upload small file less than 1MB and then check your "files" folder again.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. awarner20

Ah, well that makes complete sense:)

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. NigelParkin

I think what they are looking for is the form html file in order to edit it, as am I. Where should we be looking for this?

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. paulusdebkb

Back again... Exactly what NigelParkin says: I'd like to edit the html of the form file, but I can't find the file. Web safe mode is turned off. /data has 777, /form_1 /css and /files all have 755.

Where do I find the html code for my form?

Posted 14 years ago #
  8. paulusdebkb

hmmm...
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/machform-builder-and-dreamweaver?replies=3#post-6702

In the topic above, sjones says that the form page is generated on the fly, each time the page is loaded. Does this mean that there's no php/html to edit? If so I'm in trouble as I need to localize the form into Dutch.

I've tried the free preview version before I bought the paid product, and the preview DOES generate an html page. Why is this fundamentally different in the paid product?

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. yuniar

I've just replied there and yes you can localize your form to Dutch.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  10. NigelParkin

So as my main requirement is to call specific data into a form using <?php echo $_POST["itemname"]; ?> how do i add this into the Machform?

Posted 14 years ago #
  11. yuniar

I think what you are looking for is here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/dynamic-content-php?replies=23

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic