This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

full image path

1. smossner

I am using webmerge.me to send my data to a user in Word and PDF form. I would like the signature to show in the documents but I need a link directly to the image file of the signature, not the signature.php file.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. smossner

Is it possible to get the path to the png image?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. AMurray
    Pro Member

Normally in browsers, you can right click and "View Image" which shows the image on its own outside the context of the website it's in.

You should see the URL in the browser address bar. When you see the URL you should notice the URL is not simply 'pointing' to the image itself, but (I think) to the equivalent "address" in the database where it is stored.

However you can right click and "save image as...." to get the PNG file and then insert it.

Just wondering why do you need it directly linked, can you not just save it and then insert it like you would normally in Word?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. smossner

Thanks AMurray, thats what I was afraid of. I'll have to write some additional code.

I am currently using webmerge to automatically create and email my PDF files. I pass all the information from my forms using the webhooks to webmerge. Over at webmerge, I have a Word document setup as a template and I map the data being passed to the fields in Word. It fills in the information and emails me the converted PDF document. Webmerge requires it to be an image (png/jpg) url that is passed and not a reference to the database.

Right clicking and saving won't work for me in this case because everything is done automatically.

Below is the webmerge documentation on the image if you are interested in reading it.
    https://webmerge.zendesk.com/entries/22528487-Embed-Images-Signatures-in-Word-Excel-PowerPoint

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic