This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Future input validations?

1. peterkessler

Dear Yuniar,

we are using your machform since 10 days now and we must say: absolutely excellent! It is very easy to use and open for adjustments. The few problems we had (typical starting problems) could be resolved by reading the forum entries carefully. Our thanks also to those guys who made you answering to so many subjects.

By translating includes/language.php we have seen some validation messages like "This field can not be less than %s characters" or "This field is not in the range %s through %s characters". As we could not find any functions that use these kind of messages, we would like to ask you, if there are future intentions to do so? They would be very useful ...

Anyway, carry on like this and thanks again for being so patient to everybody.

Peter

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Yes, we're planning to put those validations within version 3 of MachForm, which we're currently working on it. I don't have any estimate though regarding the release date.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Radices

This is what I'm looking to do now in 2.3. I would like to make the name field requirement more than say 2 characters as some just put in one initial. I was looking at the common-validator.php and see some hints but am unsure of the syntax to create a 'rule'.

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. yuniar

At this moment, you can do so by doing the modification as posted here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/require-a-minimum-number-of-characters-in-a-field?replies=3#post-10894

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic