This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

General HTML in Section break

1. pjulian

Hi, I Was under the understanding that you could put straight html code into a section break and it would format correctly, is this right ?

I am trying to create a form which has about 300 lines of terms and conditions which I need to format correctly so that it's readable, I want to put that into a section break which seems the correct way to do it, but no matter what I try it always displays strangely.

For example, when I create a paragraph in HTML it displays the text in a box on the form within the section break, I can't seem to use tables either, they just display strangely.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Paul

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Make sure to HTML tags are correctly closed (don't miss any enclosing tags, such as </p).
    Also, see the result by viewing the live form. The preview within the form editor might not the same.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. pjulian

Thanks Yuniar, I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work, specifically I am trying to get bullet lists working, I have tried inserting the full html code with header and body tags and it doesn't work, I have tried just inserting the <OL> and <UL> tags with the relevant item text but it displays like each bullet point is a field within the section break and the bullet numbers don't even appear when you view the page

Regards
    Paul

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. pjulian

I have finally managed to get this to work after reading lots of posts about HTML problems with section fields, it has taken hours but I finally have something that presents well to our customers.
    However, when they form has been completed the preview shows the section break contents squashed into what seems to be one column on the left instead of the text spreading out the full width of the page.
    In the form prior to previewing the text in the section break looks perfect, the indents for the bullet points are correct, numbering is correct, everything looks right, just in the preview it looks horrible as because the text contains our terms and conditions it is long, so it goes for pages and pages and pages in the preview.

My custom CSS is as follows:

#main_body h1 a { background-position: 50% 50%; }
    #form_container{ width: 1000px; }
    #main_body form ol.test li
    { display:list-item !important; list-style-type:decimal !important; }

If you can please offer any suggestions I would appreciate it, I have been trying to get this form done for months now and am getting desperate.

Thanks
    Paul

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. pjulian

Anybody have any ideas about this issue ?

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic