This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

get person information from SQL database

1. tss

Hi, if a person has already filled in a form before, is it possible to get his data back when he fill's in his name and birthday for example, from the SQL database so the person does not need to type in all his information again? Thanks

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid MachForm doesn't have the feature to do so. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. codeoflight

Yes you can!

You have to do it by embedding a javascript segment in any "User Guidelines" field. The javascript has to make an ajax call to get the data and fill in the form fields. Not easy, but the script does save with the form information when you save the form definition.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. bonda

If "Show Review Page Before Submitting" is checked in the form properties, the user can choose to get back to the form and modify some entries. In such a case, the form is populated from the $_SESSION data (corresponding scripts are in post-functions.php). Earlier, here also was an explanation how to pre-populate the 'email' field using $GET ['email'] (http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/dynamic-content-php?replies=42#post-304). If this is possible, then it should also be possible to pre-populate empty forms by taking any or all data stored in a DB record (selected using one or two entries which are unique in every record). As I see it, such a custom function could be saved in a separate PHP file and just required by a standard MachForm PHP file (not to modify it too much). I mean, all could be done without JavaScripting. Did I miss something?

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic