This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

GMAIL SMTP

1. bwh2

I tried not using the custom SMTP server settings, but even though it was saying my emails were successfully sent, they were never being received by my clients.

Therefore, I put in my settings for gmail (smtp.gmail.com, yes to authentication, and yes to SSL, XXXX@gmail.com, port 465) and this is the error message I receive:

Error! Unable to send entry.
    Error message:
    <b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com [Connection refused #111]' in /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:259
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(64): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->_establishSocketConnection()
    #1 /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(115): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array)
    #2 /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(80): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
    #3 /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/includes/helper-functions.php(665): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message))
    #4 /home/bwh2/public_html/machform/email_entry.php(140): mf_send_notification(Object(PDO), 12812, 3, 'joXXXXXX@gmai...', Array)
    #5 {main}
    thrown in <b>/home/bwh2/public_html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php</b> on line <b>259</b>

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. enoto

Following, I'm getting the same error and also using Gmail.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Try to change your port number to 587

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. egaito

Not sure if this poster's issue was resolved, but I have the same issue and changing to port 587 did not help.j I get an message box that says "Error! unable to send message" and then "Error message is:" and it's blank......

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Your error message tells you the problem. You're being refused connection. This could be because of a incorrect port number or it could be because the IP address you are connecting from is being blocked by GMAIL.

I suggest that you get a hold of the GMAIL people and ask them if your IP is being blocked for whatever reason or find out what port they have assigned STARTTLS to.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

RSS feed for this topic