This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Have you considered implementing the new "are you a human" captchas?

1. quintessentquirk

In the interest of improving your product, have you considered implementing a new captcha called playthru" by "are you a human"?

http://areyouahuman.com

I seem to be getting better conversions (comments) where it is implemented on my blog... I've also noticed more people signing up to my forum. It would also be nice to have the same catchpa throughout my entire site. :-)

So much easier to submit a form than recaptcha. recaptcha was okay 5+ years ago with the idea to help OCR of books etc, but now it just seems to be a hindrance.

If you are not able to offer it with your product, I was wondering if I able to get it to work with machform?

Thanks,
    Leslie
    Tenerife-Training.net

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

This does look as if it would be a nice option to have.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. jimelsmore

Yes please implement this feature. Maybe have a setting that allows you to submit 1 or 2 forms from the same IP address until CAPTCHA is required.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. jimelsmore

Just found out that this feature does exist. When you are editing a form click on "Form Properties" then click "Show more options" The CAPTCHA option is under "Protection & Limit"

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@jimelsmore: Thanks, but we are aware of the CAPTCHA feature in Machform. What we are asking for is an additional *kind* of CAPTCHA, described at the website below.

http://areyouahuman.com

It requires the user to play a short game, rather than relying on distorted text, which is supposed to be very secure and much less frustrating to the users of the form. We are asking if Appnitro will add this as a built-in CAPTCHA alternative. I'm sure it can be added by custom coding, but many people don't have the time or resources to do that, not to mention the fact that any customizations are likely to break if you ever want to upgrade Machform.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. yuniar

This look interesting indeed. Thank you for letting us know Leslie! I didn't know this was exist.

We need to check it further though, particularly regarding the customization options. From what I see so far, the customizations seems only available on their paid plan ($19/month or $79/month).

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. sitesme

Hi,

It would also be nice to have a very simple captcha system such as 2+1 and user has to answer 3?
    I really don't like recaptcha...

Any ideas to implement another captcha alternative?

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. nicklap

sitesme - There are different Captcha alternatives within Machform. There is a simple text version (easy) as you want, plus an image version (medium difficulty) and then the Re-Captcha (hardest).

You can choose the various options in the Form Properties section, look for more options and then you'll see it towards the bottom of the list.

Hope that helps you.
    Regards,
    Nick

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. zforray

You already have 3-Spam Protection options. Under "Form Properties", click on the "show more options" then scroll down to "Protection and Limit". There under "Turn on spam protection (CAPTCHA)" you can choose "Simple Text" which asks simple questions like "how much is..."

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. sitesme

I didn't see that option (I'm new here) but still... this sounds an easier and better looking captcha alternative: http://d.pr/i/LPvE/3kWx57Ny

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. morktron

Hi, I used to used the standard Joomla contact form but have just moved another client over to Machforms. I used to use 'Are you human' since 99% humans hate using recaptcha.

Surely though it would be easy to implement another alternative like most forms do these days. Such as random simple questions like:

'what is the colour of grass?'
    'what is 2 plus 2?'

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. yuniar

morktron -- MachForm already support that one. Simply use the text captcha option. You can even create your own question/answer sets by editing the "lib/text-captcha.php" file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic