This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

HELP Fatal Error!

1. conceive

When I try to view my form from the admin panel...

It started when I attempted to use the conditional logic to show and hide certain fields...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in C:\inetpub\machform\includes\helper-functions.php on line 1693

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You need to contact your hosting tech support and ask them to enable PHP mbstring extension (should be enabled on most hosting already).
    If for some reason they aren't able to enable it, you can edit your "includes/helper-functions.php" file.

Search around line 1693 for this code:

$rule_keyword 	= addslashes(mb_strtolower($condition_params['rule_keyword'],'UTF-8'));

change it to become:

$rule_keyword 	= addslashes(strtolower($condition_params['rule_keyword'],'UTF-8'));

that should fix it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. conceive

we enabled the extensions and it worked fine thx! : ]

I'll definitely keep that other fix in mind for down the road though. Thx again!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. alasdairdavies

Hi all,

Just a tip for anyone else that applied this fix on php installs where mbstring wasn't installed or not allowed.

I noticed that logic is broken when mbstring is removed, but you can bypass the error - so would suggest if you plan to use logic that you install the string or get a host that supports its use.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic