This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Help! forms not saving corectly

1. brillweb

Hi there,
    I'm not sure what has gone wrong but there seems to be an Issue with the saving of forms. I'm using MF4 and the forms were working fine. I added some logic and some payment options which were working fine and then all of a sudden something happened and when I try to change the text of a field, it changes and I click 'Save for'. It goes to the next screen where it says the form has saved successfully BUT it didn't save the changes to the fields. Very frustrating.

I have tried to log out and log back In, I've also cleared the cache and I've tried using a different browser (Chrome instead of Firefox). Nothing seems to be working. I don't know what went wrong when It was all working fine.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I love your product as I don't need to know much about programming to use it and I don't know much about programming at all :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. ironsoup

Hey brillweb.

While I'm not sure if this is your issue figured I'd share one of my experiences that was similar to yours.

Essentially we had a form that was very long, many fields and page break sections. And in addition to all those fields we had at least 3 dropdown fields whose sub-options were 1000+ each (all universities in the US, etc).

What was happening in our situation was our PHP configuration only allowed for a certain number of input vars (which relates to variables from every input / field on a form). The setting in the php.ini should be "max_input_vars". We had to set ours to a higher number to resolve the issue.

Hope this information is helpful!

-Mike

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. brillweb

Hi Mike,

Thanks heaps for your help. I've taken your advise and increased the "max_input_vars" from 1000 to 3000 but unfortunately that hasn't helped. I have 7 forms in the form manager under that account and the forms are similar with similar/same field names. I don't know if that could be an issue and yes my forms are similar to yours in that they have multiple pages with drop downs, multiple choices, checkboxes etc. although not as many choices in each as yours. I'm stumped at the moment and at a loss, not sure what step to take next :(
    Thanks again.

Liz

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic