This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Help with embedding form

1. daffodils

Hello,

I was wondering if I could have some help to embed the form onto the website? It's PHP based code. Do I need to place the code somewhere specific? I have a contact us.php file that already has a contact form embeded in it. Is it possible to place the code underneath this other code?

Also, I want people to pay when they submit the form. I've filled in all the relevant details on the machform template. When I embed this code do I need to link it somehow for the payment to work?

Sorry if my questions are confusing, I'm confused!

Thanks for your help :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. zforray

Are you using V2? V3 suggests/recommends using Javascript code.

Yes you should be able to add it into the existing form as long as you maintain the <?php' in the beginning and the?>` as the closing.

I haven't tried the payment process of V3 so I can't help much there. It is supposed to work with PayPal nicely.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. daffodils

Do you mean V3 of the machform template thingy? Because yes I am (brand new customer here!)

It does, however the entirety of my website is written in PHP so I would assume I would need to use the same code for it to work properly.
    To be honest, I don't really understand much of this. I've never written or used code in my entire life until I started my business. I would dearly love for someone to explain to me how uploading some code into a file on my FTP server somehow then makes it viable for use on my actual website. I really don't get how the 2 link up!

I shall try to embed the code there then as suggested, so thank you :-) I only use paypal on my site (and know it works) so fingers crossed that the form will automatically link in somehow!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. zforray

My site is PHP based as well. Using the Javascript code should work anywhere you embed it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. daffodils

UPDATE: I've tried both PHP and Javascript codes, copying and pasting into where I'd like them to be. All that happens is that the originally working page goes blank until I remove the code again. Help!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. yuniar

daffodils - can you contact us directly and let us know the URL to your page please? we'll check it.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic