This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Hidden fields show up on review page

1. williamansley

I won't call this a bug exactly, but it certainly is an issue that negatively impacts the usability of Machform. If you hide fields in a form using the "hidden" custom CSS class, they still show up on the review page, if you have turn that on.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. erzon

did you try the logic to hide your form?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. williamansley

No. For one thing, we are using Machform 3.3 and will not be able to upgrade to a newer version until the Summer. I work at a 2-year college and I can't do upgrades at will without doing testing first.

I used the "hidden" custom CSS class, as I stated. The field in question is one I never want people filling out the form to see, but it has to have a specific value as a default, so I can't make it an admin field. I would really prefer that the users don't see this field on the review page for the form. Frankly, I do think it is a bug that it shows up on the review page. It currently doesn't matter, because the information isn't confidential and it can't changed on the review page, which is why I hesitated to call it a bug originally.

I would actually prefer an option be added to Machform to programmatically hide and protect specific field entries, since relying on CSS isn't secure or completely reliable. I need to have these hidden, protected, pre-filled fields in my form to allow the entry data to be post-processed and brought into another program automatically. This may not be the most common need among Machform users, but I doubt I am the only one who would find such a feature useful.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. erzon

well for i think you really need to upgrade.. I do have also a lot of forms... in version 3 and also having problem with hidden fields.. when the 3.4 version release I manage to upgrade without any problem.. just backup your form directory and database just in-case something bad happen to be sure...

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

The "hidden" CSS class is just a simple class to hide the field from the form. It wasn't designed to hide them from the review page and the email content. Thank you for your feedback on this though.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. chriskoeling

TIP: Is it an option to make three extra checkboxes for each field containing options:

X Hide from review page
    X Hide from my email
    X Hide from user email

Kind regards, Chris

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. jacksplay

Sorry to pull up an old post

yuniar: The "hidden" CSS class is just a simple class to hide the field from the form. It wasn't designed to hide them from the review page and the email content. Thank you for your feedback on this though.

There needs to be a way to hide these text fields in the review page.
    Logic will not allow you to hide them, it can't be an admin field and we don't want data in these hidden text fields shown to the user.

A feature needs to be added so that these text fields can be hidden in the review page.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. jpello

Why can't they be an admin field?

We have a number of forms where we set the field to "admin" or use logic to only show if certain criteria is met, and they don't show up on the review screen...

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. williamansley

@jpello: I assume jacksplay wants the hidden field to have a default value, and admin fields cannot have default values. Even if you set a default value for an admin field, it will be empty in every entry submitted for the form. We have a form where we use a default value in a certain field to control further processing of the entries outside of Machform. We found that the only way to make a field with a default value on a form hidden so that the user couldn't change it was to hide it with CSS. We didn't want the field to show up on the review page, but we had to accept the fact that it did.

@jacksplay: I just did some testing. I find I can hide a field from the form and the review page with logic, but that if I assign this logically hidden field a default value, that value is not recorded in the entries for the form. Is that what you are seeing? (This is in Machform 4.1.)

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. iangrantphoto

I'm seeing the same thing as williamansley- If I use conditional logic I can hide it, but if there's any sort of default info such as in time 'AM or PM' or if I wanted to have a default date then it always appears in results, even when hidden.

I currently have a form where I ask the customer what their best dates are for a photography session or they can click a checkbox to say they already have a confirmed appointment [and hides the the best date field]. Right now the best dates field always appears in results regardless of whether it's hidden or not.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic