This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

How do I create a text paragraph only?

1. michelleA

Meaning I create a "Paragraph Text" field but don't want the box to show up below it for client to write anything. I just want to add text?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

You can use a section break.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. redityo

Yes, DaveVoss is right, you can use section break to put a static text into your form.

MachForm Support

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. michelleA

Thanks .... I guess I'm not asking my question correctly. When I create a "Paragraph Text" field it automatically puts a box under the paragraph that the client can write in. I just want text to show up and no box underneath.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Steve1951

Do NOT use Paragraph Text. Use Section Break as DaveVoss and redityo have suggested.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. williamansley

What we have here is a failure to communicate. The Section Break we are talking about here is a type of Machform field. In Machform 3.3, you will find it in the "Add a Field" tab, second from the bottom in the left column. It does exactly what you are asking for.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. DaveVoss

williamansley, lets chat about this some more offline. You can email me at dev@vosses.us

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. williamansley

My statement, "What we have here is a failure to communicate," was a quotation from a movie and was meant to be humorous. In retrospect, this was a bad idea which I will not repeat. If anyone took this as a direct criticism, you have my apologies.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. katherinewatson

"Cool Hand Luke" came out a long time ago didn't it. That was a very famous line at the time.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic