This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

How to fix number entry

1. rmaksood

Hello Yuniar,
    Thank you very much for the wonderful program. It is working great other this small problem. Client entered their credit card number and when I went to retrieve, it looks like this 1.24512544568456e+15. Please let me know how I can fix this problem.
    Thanks again

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. rscott7706

Just as a user, and not well versed in the program yet, may I suggest that you have a "Number" field here when it may be better to use a "Single Line Text" field.

The number field will attempt to display this as a number, and being so large, it converts it to powers of ten.

If it doesn't disturb what your trying to do (capture a credit card number), the text field may be better.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. rscott7706

As an addendum to my note, did you try a number field, but select the "Field Size" "Large"?

That may do it.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. rmaksood

Thank you very much Ron for the quick replay. Yes……. I select the field size to large. Still it converts to power of ten. I am going to try as a text field as you recommended.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. redityo

Hi,

Ron is right !, since you are using number field size it will display exponential number for big number. I suggest to use "single text" field instead of number field .

Thank's Ron

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. microvb

Perhaps you can provide a different field type which validates the field as numeric, however passes the information as text.

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. kathylinscott

Any update on this in the last 6 year or way to fix it? I am a little irritated that there was not a warning or guide on the actual form that this was a common error. I set no mins or max so shouldn't I be allowed to have as many numbers as I want?

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Yes, by default large numbers are being displayed using scientific notation.
    If you need to display the number completely, there is some small adjustment that can be done.

Using phpMyAdmin or any other database management tool, go to your MachForm database and run this SQL query:

ALTER TABLE ap_form_15032 CHANGE element_20 element_20 DOUBLE(16,0) NULL DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Number';

The above assume your form id number is 15032 and your number field id is "element_20".
    You need to adjust it with your own form id and number field id.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic