This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

How to integrate mach form in article in joomla CMS

1. leobar021

Hi,

I was reading and trying to insert code in to the article in joomla but with no luck.

Is it possible to that.
    thanks for tip or help...

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. markritchie

This is the way I do it:

Go to your forms embed code and copy the Advanced code and paste it into an empty php file. Let's call it myform.php

Then in Joomla create a new Module > Wrapper

In the module parameters set the souce URL to your php page (i.e. myform.php)

Scroll bars = No
    width = 100%
    height = does not matter because auto-height is set to true
    auto height = Yes
    auto add = No

Then simply specify what position and page you want your wrapper / form to appear on.

you also need to make changes to machform.php as when you do the above the success page of your form opens in a new window.

Open machform.php and find and change every top.location to self.location. There should be 12 instances.

And voila! you have your form in your joomla page.

Good luck,

Mark

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. danomatic

Actually its a bit easier than that, just create a new menu item and specify type wrapper and put in the direct link to the form, no need to actually create a module.

(Just use the URL itself from "simple Link" without all the href stuff. )

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. markritchie

Very true danomatic.

The only reason I do it the way I specified above is because I am using the module class suffix for styling purposes around the form. Doing it your way is much simpler and probably what the original author of this thread needed.

Mark

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic