This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

How to make columns

1. johannesspringer

Hi,
    i searched already the forum and found several items about columns and CSS, but nothing for quickstarting into my problem. I need a form where few boxes are aligned in one line (2 or 3 columns), but not all boxes in the form. How can i do it?
    Thanks for help

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

3. worldweb

I am following the clear instructions here.. http://www.appnitro.com/doc-field-alignment

but it simply doesn't work.. I have the latest version of machform and I have some years experience dealing with html and scripts/php etc.. and I'm sure I followed the instructions correctly.. :)

anyone else had this problem?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@worldweb: It's hard to provide help for your problem without more details. I just tried making columns in Machform v. 4.7 and it worked fine for me. Are you using the "View" link in the large tab that opens up below the form name when you click on it in the Form Manager to preview the form? The columns do not show up when you are looking at the form in edit mode.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. worldweb

Yes, I am aware of all this.. I have since worked it out.. it only works if I create one field with the custom css and then duplicate it.. it does not work in any other more intuitive way.. maybe there is some issue with my browser.. anyway, I ended up with what I needed.

Thanks for your comments.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Mark344

Is there a fix for this issue?

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. williamansley

@Mark344: I'm not sure there is anything to fix. I could not reproduce the problem described by worldweb. The provided details are a bit vague, so perhaps I just didn't understand what was going wrong. If you are seeing what you believe is a similar problem, please provide the exact steps necessary to reproduce it. If it can be demonstrated as a reproducible bug, then the developers will fix it, but if it is a problem that only affects one or two people, then it will be much harder to fix.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic