This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

how to specify custom subject line for email

1. AMurray
    Pro Member

I need to check that I have written the correct code in config.php for the subject line of the email that Machform sends out: It is a mixture of variable names and normal text as in:

define('NOTIFICATION_MAIL_SUBJECT','New Submissions from' {form_name} '[#',{entry_no}); //default is '{form_name} [#{entry_no}]'

Is the above correct, or should it be:

define('NOTIFICATION_MAIL_SUBJECT','New Submissions from {form_name} #{entry_no}');

Do the single quotes have to be around the normal text or just the beginning and end of the string in the "define" line?

Off topic here, but how do you do the black background and white text for your code snippets in these postings - I tried an inline style inside the blockquote tag but the bbPress board must strip it before it posts it.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Off topic here, but how do you do the black background and white text for your code snippets in these postings - I tried an inline style inside the blockquote tag but the bbPress board must strip it before it posts it.

Testing!

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Saghalie
    Pro Member

use the "PRE" and "CODE" inside angle brackets. Not sure why it ran all off the page and stuff.

Have fun!

Saghalie
    700b for AiG? NUTS!!

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

This one should be correct:

define('NOTIFICATION_MAIL_SUBJECT','New Submissions from {form_name} #{entry_no}');

Basically, the syntax of the define statement is like this:

define('string here','string here');

Regarding the black background in this forum, simply use backticks, but make sure to put each backtick on its own line. like this:

*backtick*
    your code here
    *backtick*

instead of:

*backtick* your code here *backtick*

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

Testing back tick

<strong>This is bolded text</strong>

Got it, thanks.