This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

HTML 5 input types

1. alecd4

We got your product today and love it. I noticed that it doesn't support HTML5 input types like number, date, datetime. I know that our target audience will mostly use ipads. The date control that comes with machforms looks a bit odd on ipad when users expect native ipad date picker wheel. I know HTML5 support is not yest implemented. How do you recommend to retrofit php to bring HTML5 input types, at least for date?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. alecd4

I was able to implement HTML5 date type for date input fields with small modifications in view_functions.php and post_functions.php So now when the form is displayed in iPhone/iPad with iOS 4.x and up, an iOS date wheel pops up otherwise normal machorm triplets is displayed

Additionaly I set type='tel' in html markup for numeric fields and type='email' for email fields and type='url' for website fields - all in view_functions.php. Now ipad provides an appropriate keyboard.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. colinrood

Hi
    Has this changed in the latest v3.4? Is there a list of lines to change available? As I am working on mobile devices this would make good sense.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. offcourse

Question: How difficult would it be to create a range form field type? Would it be as easy as copying the number section in view_functions.php, name it differently and tweak accordingly?

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Unfortunately it won't be as simple as that. Adding a new field type correctly is quite major modification. You'll need to modify almost every part of the script, since it's related with the processing code, entries code, notification code, chart code, etc.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic