This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

HTML lists in section break

1. pjulian

Hi, we have been playing around with Machforms for a while now and really like the product so far.
    Our main purpose for using the product is for online application forms for our business and we are finally starting to put some of these together.
    In the forms we want to include our terms and conditions as the application form will end up being like a contract with the customer once it's completed and submitted, but our terms and conditions have numbered and bulleted multi-option lists and I can't see a way to insert html code into a section break which will work with this.

Basically we need something like below, or similar functionality.

1.1.a
    1.1.b
    1.2.a

Would anybody have any suggestions how I can implement this in a section break as I really want to include out contract wording rather than making it a separate document referenced from the form.

Thanks !

Paul

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. frankzobitz

In the Field Label area of a Section Break, put the html code in there. The field label box will expand with the code you put in there.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. pjulian

Unfortunately this doesn't help, it formats the same.
    It seems that you can't add anything but a single space on a line, bullets, tabs, multiple spaces, nothing seems to work.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

You won't see it formatted until you view the form; can you show us a form where you have put the code in, but it is not formatted as expected (as an ordered list?).

You would do something like this:

1. TOP LEVEL
      1. Sub level 1

The above is an example it formats differently for this forum than it should in your Section break area.

So the code is something like:

<ol>
      <li> TOP LEVEL</li>
         <ol>
           <li>Sub level 1</li>
         </ol>
      </ol>

This does work as I expect it should, sort of but doesn't seem to give you the expected numbering 1, 1.1, 1.2 etc - not sure how the OL tag works with nested lists (one list within the the other).

You should be able to see the basic function here: (be aware this was on the Trial / Demo so it will disappear after a few hours)
      http://uqrcoejygsr.machform-trial.com/view.php?id=10398

If your T & C's is an extensive document, maybe just linking to a PDF would be better?

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic