This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Import CSV or Excel file into form

1. josmi

I have about 500 records (Name, Email, Address, Website, etc.) that were created in another online form service that required a monthly fee (rhymes with Mufoo) :) I can export that data into a CSV or Excel file.

Now that I have Machform, I'd love to use it to continue collecting data from new people, but I don't want to have 2 separate databases: 1 database from the old form service, and 1 database for all new additions into Machform. I need to have it all in one place for ease of adminstration.

I did a search in "Import" and apparently there's a way to do some kind of import via the SQL databases so that I can import my CSV into my MachForm database. But this is something I've never done before, and I'm not that familiar with working with MySQL databases. Is this easy to do? I would greatly appreciate any guidance or tips on how to actually do this step-by-step. Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid this one won't be quite easy to do. You will also need to do some custom programming as well, to correctly import the current data into MachForm, which completely depends on your current data.

Sorry if we can't be more helpful on this :(

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic