This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

In line styles not working

1. Robolovsky

In version 4.3 I was able to use an in-line style in my Form Description along the lines of: <strong style="color:#F00">* which shows as a red asterisk. Now I am trying to do the same thing in 4.4 but when I click the view button the asterisk is black. On inspection I find that the code has been modified as follows; <strong style=\"color:#F00\">*. The quotes appear to have been escaped using the \ symbol but this breaks the style when viewed in the browser. Can somebody help please?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Robolovsky

I am getting the same behaviour if I try to insert an in-line link so that Click Here becomes Click Here which renders the link unusable.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Robolovsky

Only way around it seems to be to leave off the quotes?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I certainly cannot say for sure that it will help, but apparently the Machform version 4.5 update fixes a bug related to slashes being inserted into html code. Perhaps updating would fix this issue.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Robolovsky

Thanks williamansley. I see that Steve1951 has been having the same problem. I have asked for clarification of whether the bug has been fixed in 4.5. Incidentally do you know a way of preserving customizations made to files such as languge.php or view-functions.php when changing to a new version? I only just updated to 4.4 and had to redo the edits to those files. Now it looks as if I'll have to do it all again.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@Robolovsky: I'm afraid I don't know of any way to preserve customizations, which I why I gave up on doing any. Until Appnitro adds some mechanism to Machform to load external customization files, any customizations you have made will have to be added each time.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Robolovsky

Yes Yuniar has confirmed this to be the case. I only use a few customizations for UK language and am hoping these will be introduced as options in a later version. Incidentally to avoid updating again and losing my edits I updated my PHP from 5.3 to 5.4 which has fixed the problem. Yuniar mentioned that it was only affecting 5.3 users.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic