This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

indentifier values in drop down menu

1. zerostar

Heya ;)

Awesome app - really digging everything about it. I have a question about pullDown menmus:

I would like to add a unique identifier value to each option in my pulldown, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. Here's an example of what I mean:

<option id="62" value="1">This is item number 62</option>

I would like to suppress this value in the email result if possible (but not a total dealBreaker if that's the only thing stopping this from going forward). So, do I add it as a hidden field for EVERY pullDown item (I have roughly 150 for this menu), or is there a way to populate the pullDown items in the backEnd somewhere that could allow for that extra value to hook up with that data entry?

Thanks again for a great form tool - looking forward to your response :)

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi there,

Sorry if I don't understand you correctly. Do you mean you would like to have a field which is only accessible from your machform admin panel?

If so, you can simply set the field visibility to "Admin only". The field won't be displayed within the email but can be modified from your admin backend.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. zerostar

Hmmm, not sure if we're on the same page here. Let me try to explain a bit more.

I would like to add a hidden value to pullDown menu entries that I can utilize as an ID field for a later data infusion into a different database.

In other words - an extra value field in the pullDown option selection that would only be visible as a related column in the database results.

Does that make more sense?

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Ahh.. I see. I'm afraid that won't be possible. The hidden field need to be a separate field.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. zerostar

oic - I'll have to find another way to convert and infuse the data into the other DB then.

thank u for your time ;)

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic