This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Insert HTML into middle of the form

1. bemofunny

Is there a way to insert HTML into a middle of a form?

Thanks,

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You can use Section Break field for this. Simply insert the HTML tag into the Section Break

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Todd

It would be great to have an HTML field that could be used for this very reason. Sometimes you want to add a note in the middle of a form that has nothing to do with collecting user information. In addition, it would be great to be able to control this note appearing or not with conditionals on other fields.

That being said, Machform is pretty awesome!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@Todd: Have you looked at the section break field? It does exactly what you want from an "HTML field". Its only purpose is to display text, and it can be shown or hidden with conditional logic. It's name is rather misleading; it doesn't insert any kind of "break" into your form, just text.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

It's name is rather misleading; it doesn't insert any kind of "break" into your form, just text.

I would disagree slightly; it does effectively break the page into sections.....hence its name :)

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@AMurray: I guess we'll have to agree to slightly disagree on this one.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. edwardhall

You can put this custom css code to remove the top border on section break field :

#main_body form li.section_break {
    border-top: none !important;
    }

I use section headers all the time for large quantities of read-only body text

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. edwardhall

You can put this custom css code to remove the top border on section break field :

#main_body form li.section_break {
    border-top: none !important;
    }

I use section headers all the time to embed large quantities of read-only body text

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic