This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Installation & uploading?

1. fumblies

I just purchased the software and following the instructions for installation. But I got stuck at step 3 - uploading the whole machform folder and files to your site folder.

I'm currently developing a website hosted by a web hosting company (Lunarpages, if it matters), I'm wondering does "site folder" refer to the main folder when I log into cPanel, or will it be under "public_html" where I store all my html files? Or does it all matter which location I upload it at?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi fumblies,

In your case, "site folder" would be your "public_html" folder.
    You should upload the whole machform folder there, so it will be something like "public_html/machform".

Basically, you can put machform into any folder as long as it's under your document root (your public_html folder).

Let me know if you need further help.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. fumblies

Ok, thanks! I've followed the instructions to upload the entire machform folder into my root folder and then tried to run the installer.php file on my browser. It doesn't seem to work. An error message appears. (edit: link removed)

I recognise that the first part of the error message is my own customised one. But is there anyway I can resolve this? Thanks!

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hmm.. that's really weird. It doesn't look like coming from MachForm indeed.
    It seem to be ISP problem, which override your files somehow.

Can I do the installation for you? I'll upload the files from here.

You can submit all necessary information to this form:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forms/view.php?id=2

Or just sent me your Lunarpages login info and I'll take care the rest.
    Mail to: yuniar [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. fumblies

Thanks, just dropped you an email. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

MachForm installed :)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. chemenephillips

I am stuck at the same place but am getting a different error message. I've followed the instructions to upload the entire machform folder into my root folder and then tried to run the installer.php file on my browser. It is not working and is coming up with an error message saying the following:

There doesn't seem to be a config.php file. We need this before we can get started.

In the base directory of your installation you'll find a file called config-empty.php. Open this file and fill in the required database information.

After the details are filled in you must rename the file config.php before continuing.

I did input my information and rename the config file. I am under a bit of a time crunch so any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

just a note, chemenephillip problem solved. was having small error with the config file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. komot

I have the same problem as chemenephillip. how can i fix it?

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. redityo

Hi komot,

What error do you have ?

we can help you to fix installation issue, you can submit installation request or send an email to
    customer.service[at]appnitro.com complete with your ftp information.

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. komot

I've followed the instructions to upload the entire machform folder into my root folder and then I edited the config_empty.php file with the database info and renamed it to config.php and then tried to run the installer.php file on my browser. Here is the error message i am getting.

There doesn't seem to be a config.php file. We need this before we can get started.

In the base directory of your installation you'll find a file called config-empty.php. Open this file and fill in the required database information.

After the details are filled in you must rename the file config.php before continuing.

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. komot

Thank you Yuniar and redityo this problem has been solved.

Posted 15 years ago #
  13. eroomg

I'm having this exact same problem. We use the machform on one of our other sites on this same server too, yet we can't get this one to work.

I've followed the instructions to upload the entire machform folder into my root folder and then I edited the config_empty.php file with the database info and renamed it to config.php and then tried to run the installer.php file on my browser. Here is the error message i am getting.

Please advise.

Posted 15 years ago #
  14. redityo

Hmm.. if you already rename "config-empty.php" to "config.php", it should have no problem. Anyway make sure your "config.php" file have "read" permission on it, otherwise we can help you with the installation.

You can submit installation request or send an email to :

customer.service[at]appnitro.com

complete with your ftp information.

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic