This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Installation help

1. garypullings

Hello all,

I just purchased this and I am attempting to install this on a go daddy linux server. I loaded the file and can't do the installation. I want to do it myself and I am attempting to follow the install instructions.

I did the following: this is directly copied from my config file, of course the xxx's are not there and the real info is there.

define('MF_DB_NAME', ‘Fresnoflyforms’); //The name of your database. Note that this database must exist before running installer.php
    define('MF_DB_USER', ‘xxxx’); //Your database username
    define('MF_DB_PASSWORD', ‘xxxxxx’); //Your database users password
    define('MF_DB_HOST', 'Inserted IP address here'); //The hostname for your database

Did I do that right?

the file path is
    /public_html/machform

So how I would go to

http://www.fresnoflyfishers.net/machform/installer.php
    is this correct?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. garypullings

Anyone?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. garypullings

I ended up getting the following.Any Idea's.

Error connecting to the database: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    There are few things you can try to fix this issue:
    Make sure you have the correct database username and password
    Make sure you have the correct database hostname

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I think your best bet is too contact Appnitro directly. While the Appnitro staff monitor this forum periodically and do respond to support questions here, sometimes they are too busy to check in for a while. You can email them at the address below:

customer.service@appnitro.com

Or use their contact form:

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. garypullings

@williamsley

Thanks you so much for your assistance. I just put in a ticket for them to install for me since it isn't working on my end. If I find out what happened and what went wrong I will share here so others who are using go daddy can learn from my mistakes.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. garypullings

This is what they said.

"I have fixed the problem. It was caused by incorrect single/double quote character you used. I have edited it and the installer is running well. I have finished the installation as well. Your MachForm is now accessible :"

I am not sure what that meant but it works. I hope this helps others.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic