This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Intergrate with Joomla

1. kevster

I came across your forms while completeing a magazine registration.

i really like the style and functions.

is it possible to incorparte into a joomla site?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

At this moment, it is possible to embed the generated form into Joomla using MachForm standard code (iframe embed code).

However, the admin panel won't be integrated with Joomla admin panel. So you will need to login to MachForm admin panel to manage your forms.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. michaelfindley

SWEEEEET!!!! I have a joomla site and it is a pain to create the forms. THANKS for the post Kevster

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. markritchie

Hi Yuniar,

Since I am having an issue with Joomla and Machform I decided to post here and perhaps a solution can be accomplished.

The problem:

I place the "Advanced Code" from Machform into a page. Let's call it "contact.php"

(Contents of contact.php are as follows)

<?php
    	require("/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/forms/machform.php");
    	$mf_param['form_id'] = 2;
    	$mf_param['base_path'] = 'http://mysite.com/forms/';
    	display_machform($mf_param);
    ?>

In Joomla there is a Module called mod_wrapper which is basically an iFrame which you can set to "auto adjust" to fit the contents of the form even if there are errors.

Within the mod_wrapper parameters you also specify which page you want to have in the wrapper (iframe) which in the case above is contact.php

The form shows up perfectly fine and the wrapper auto expands just as it should. The problem is the "success" message OR the "Success" URL open in a new window. They do not stay within the iframe. Is there a way to fix this?

I followed the post located at:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/preview-and-confirmation-pages-within-a-frame?replies=8

But it did not fix the problem. I am "not" using the preview functionality by the way.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Hi Mark,

Can you let me know the URL to your Joomla page? We'll test it.
    If you don't want to post it here, please mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. markritchie

Hi Yuniar,

I've sent that info over!

Thanks a lot,

Mark

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Mark, I've just replied to your email.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. Anonymous
    Unregistered

is it possible to use the PHP embed code instead of iFrame? Some browsers do not have that comparability.

Posted 14 years ago #
  9. yuniar

I haven't tried this by myself, but there is a Joomla plugin that allows direct embedding of PHP commands right inside Joomla content page.

Check it here:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/custom-code-in-content/4470/details

You might want to use that for your Joomla and then try to put machform php code into your page content.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  10. cdaters

I am using my forms successfully by creating menu items that are wrappers (IFrames). Then I use the "Simple Link" code and extract the link from it, i.e.:

http://your_web_address_here/admin/mf/view.php?id=5

Then I insert this link into the "Wrapper URL" under the "Parameters (Basic)" section. You may also need to adjust the height attribute. In my case, I have the width set to "100%", and the height set to "1100". I also have scrollbars set to "automatic".

In case it helps, I also have the advanced settings:

Parameters Advanced:

Auto Height: No
    Auto Add: Yes

Posted 14 years ago #
  11. webnucleo

Hi
    You can add matchform iframe code to an article in joomla.
    Please update your Joomla installation to last version (1.5.12). This version as a new version of tinymce.
    Now is possible add the iframe code in editor.
    For this acess the plugin configuration, look for tinymce and in settings add this:
    extended_valid_elements : "iframe[src|width|height|name|align]"

Ok, now you can paste the code by your form in HTML view in the editor.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic