This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

iPhone and iMac Issues

1. mfarr

It seems like many of my clients who are trying to complete my MachForm document using an iPhone or iMac are unable to continue past the first page. One of them was able to continue after many unsuccessful attempts but had to save and continue the form at a later time. The other client hasn't been able to figure it out yet. I had one other, but she didn't tell me how she was able to complete the form. She may have used a PC in order to finish the process. Has anyone else had these issues? I am a PC user so I can't test it...

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. csamuel69

I develop and test on a MAC and test on IOS as well with no challanges. It maybe helpful to send a link to your form for people to test. Your call.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. mfarr

Here is a link to my form (below the catalog). Usually Mac users can't get past page 1. Let me know!

http://www.melissafarrphotography.com/clients-2/ - password mfp2420

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. csamuel69

iPhone:
    I was able to submit the form on an iPhone 5 but got an "error sending email" but you should still see a Test iPhone name in the database.. The challenge I faced was I had to zoom in to complete the form so when I click submit on the second page I had to zoom back out (because of the large graphic and a ton of white space at the top by a music symbol so it looked like a blank page) and scroll down to see the form.
    Macbook (with Safari 6.0.2):
    Still had the large white space at the top and when I fill out and submit the first page it goes right back to the first page again blank.
    Macbook (with Firefox 19):
    Submitted the form fine Test MACFirefox as the name with no issues.
    I think the reason the save progress worked for them is because the link they get is not in the iFrame and does not have all of your site with it...it is just the form alone.

I will leave it up to the experts to say why but I think it has to do with the implementation of your site and the embedded code. They can test and/or see what I have found...happy to test and good luck.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

mfarr -- I noticed that your form is linked using this URL: http://mfarrphotography.com (without the www), while your page is using www. They are considered as different domains and newer versions of Safari blocked the cookies if the iframe content is coming from different domain. Hence the issues.

The fix is very simple. Simply update your form code and make sure the form is linked to http://www.mfarrphotography.com (using the www)
    To generate the correct code, you can login to your machform panel using "www" and it will generate the correct code as well.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. csamuel69

Great service yuniar...I should have checked the obvious. Give that a try mfarr and I will be happy to test again for you if you like.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. mfarr

Thank you! I think I made the correct changes. We will see... Would you mind testing it again? Thanks!

Csamual69, I think the big white space is the top of my site which is Flash. I'm working on having a new site developed so Apple users will be able to see the photos. Thanks! :)

http://www.melissafarrphotography.com/clients-2/, password mfp2420.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. csamuel69

Mfarr, Your page source looks good with the www now and I just send two over Tests over and they worked fine (received success message and email). Still have to zoom in and out on the small phone but it will work and you may have to tell your clients.
    Just FYI Flash will work on an Apple computer however it will not on any iOS device...iPhone/iPad.
    Good Luck.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. mfarr

Thank you! Hopefully my clients won't have any more issues. :)

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. emo44

Hi,
    I have the same issue in my IPAD, and iPhone when I embedded the code from matchform in a html and I use phonegap or mosync to compile to a app. When you push the button continue you can't pass to the next form, it deletes what you type in the field. Any suggestion? I tried regenerate the code with www but the problem continue.
    I tested the same code compiled in a apk for android and works! so it's a safari issue on IOS.
    Thank's in advance.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. yuniar

emo44 - safari blocked cross domain cookies (PHP session cookies in this case). To avoid this issue, make sure the URL of the page where you embed the form is having the same domain as your forms.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic