This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

jquery validation

1. fabiopao

hi, I am trying to add a jquery validation plugin to my form, to make sure data entered in the fields are correct before user submits them: but in order to make this possible, I need to append a small class, say class="validate(required)" to the fields I want to validate. Is this possible, is there a file I can modify so that I can implement this function?
    I'd really appreciate any help

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. redityo

Hi,

Basically you can add jQuery/javascript code in "view-functions.php" file. But it's depending on how the code works.

Anyway could you show me more detail about this script ? or perhaps you can show me the url for example .

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. fabiopao

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am trying to use this plugin: http://demos.usejquery.com/ketchup-plugin/#what on the form i have put on my website: http://www.quadrifogliorosso.com
    as you can see, the plugin needs to hook form elements with a specified class, and i don't know how to do it.
    Cheers

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. redityo

I think it's possible to use that plugin, but it will take a lot of modification. To do this, you need to edit "view-functions.php" file and in this example, I assume you'll use the validation for "single line text" field with element id 1 on form 2.
    Try to follow these steps :

1. Copy all ketchup plugin to mahform js folder, then the path should be like this :

/machform/js/ketchup-plugin

2. Go to line 1833, you'll see this code :

{$calendar_js}

then put these code bellow that line

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="js/ketchup-plugin/css/jquery.ketchup.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.messages.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.validations.basic.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
      $('#form_2').ketchup();
    });
    </script>

3. Go to line 40 for this code :

$element_markup = <<<EOT

then put this code above that line

if ($_GET['id'] == 2 && $element->id == 1 ) {
    	$ketchup = ' validate(required) ';
    }

4. Go to line 46, you'll see this code :

<input id="element_{$element->id}" name="element_{$element->id}" class="element text {$element->size}" type="text" value="{$element->default_value}" />

change to

<input id="element_{$element->id}" name="element_{$element->id}" class="$ketchup element text {$element->size}" type="text" value="{$element->default_value}" />

don't forget to change those id with yours

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. samersamer

I tried to quickly integrate this but got the following error in the console:

Error: $.fn.ketchup is undefined
    Source File: js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.validations.basic.js
    Line: 86

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. redityo

Have you download "ketchup-plugin" and extract the file like in the step 1 ?

MachForm Support

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. samersamer

Yes, i kept getting an error, have you made this work with ketchup?

-Sam

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. samersamer

this is the error I keep getting,

Source File: js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.validations.basic.js

I have everything extracted and followed the exact instructions, I would be greatful if you could help, I will put the example up again here in a few mins.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. samersamer

I have made the exact changes above,

My question is, what do I have to do in the above code to make it work with my form.

Here is my form: http://www.virtualbrix.com/form-lead-management/embed.php?id=3

I checked the Firefox console and I get this:

Warning: Unknown property 'border-radius'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://www.virtualbrix.com/form-lead-management/js/ketchup-plugin/css/jquery.ketchup.css
    Line: 13

AND

Source File: http://www.virtualbrix.com/form-lead-management/js/ketchup-plugin/js/jquery.ketchup.validations.basic.js

I would be grateful if you can help,

-Sam

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. redityo

I think you didn't change the ID's from my example code. I see in your form, these code ;

$('#form_2').ketchup();
    });

should be changed to

$('#form_3').ketchup();
    });

because you're using the validation for form 3.
    However, if the problem still persist, is it possible to send me your FTP login into to :

customer.service[at]appnitro.com

I will help you to check it

MachForm Support

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. samersamer

sent you an email,

-Samer

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic