This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Label And Field Alignment

1. daltx7

I have read most of the posts on field alignment, and am wanting n my payment form for the subtotals to be aligned in a text box on the same row.
    Example:
    Subtotal 1 Label Subtotal 1 Field
    Subtotal 2 Label Subtotal 2 Field
    Total 1 Label Total 1 Field

I have seen people talk about advanced CSS in the theme vs CSS in main. Where would someone suggest the code go? I have treied in theme and main, to no avail. Thank You.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Boon

actually each form has it's own theme css file unless you don'[t use any themes fro your form then the default css will be used, however, css editor is not available with form admin so you have to modify it manually...you can look at the css in views.css under section "/**** Inputs and Labels ****/" this will help you style your css easily...the good thing is you can even specify your css to be different on each section (not all) by using like display:inline-block instead of display:block which will give the label and input in different line...I love css, so if you need helps on customize it then let me know I will be more than happy to help you with that.

Also please check this topic will help you start:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/label-inline-to-text-field?replies=11#post-16660

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. daltx7

Thank you for a quality reply. As always, I try and learn myself, but may seek assistance. Thank you for the offer.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. daltx7

OK< I need help. I see there are two view.css files, one in the form (referred by a numbered form), and one in the main folder. I tried the code at the referred to and placed it under the inputs and label area. To be honest, I need your help as I have been messing with this for a few days. I have signed up for a php course, just haven't taken it yet. ANy help with the code and where it would go would be appreciated. I guess the developer support has been on vacation this week.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. daltx7

Well, success comes to the patient. I have found the solution as I had the label id's wrong, and a quick review with firebug corrected. Thanks to those who assisted.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic