This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Limit Comment Field

1. tdcl

I have been using MachForm for over 18 months now. Brilliant! However, I have decided to add a comment field to a form I have built. I cant see any easy-to-hand function to limit the number of characters that can be entered. I am not a wizz with code, yet can do the basic's, so does anyone know if there is something I can do - and how - to limit this comment box on the form, say to 250 characters. Thanks.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You might want to check this post:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/limit-field-characters

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. tdcl

Thank you for the link. I have followed the instructions, found the php script, removed the old lines of code and replaced with what has been written. I have changed the ID number to the form number, and element number to the right element number, confirmed this by also checking in the database, so Form ID = 5, and Element ID = 18, and set the max. to 250, I also tried 200, and then 100 to see if 250 was to large.

However, when I go to open the form from my webpage it comes back as a blank page saying that the page cannot be found, yet if I put the org. script back my form appears.

Could you please advise if I have missed a step?
    Thanks.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hmm.. can you send us your file please?
    We'll check it for any error.

Also, let us know the URL of your form.
    Send to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. tdcl

I will, thank you.

Posted 14 years ago #