This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Limit File Upload Size, etc

1. rvaleri

I searched the forum, and I found the code for limiting file types during upload. Is there also code that would limit the file upload size?

Also, I notice that "Edit and manage your form entries" does not show all forms that have been uploaded by a single person--only the newest. I need to be able to see all of the forms that have been uploaded. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks! This software is amazing. What a time saver.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

To limit the file size, you will need to modify your php.ini file.
    Some hosting allow this, but some others don't.

If possible, edit the value of upload_max_filesize.
    The default value is 2MB.

Or you can try insert this code into your config.php file:

ini_set("upload_max_filesize","10M");

That would limit the filesize to 10MB. However, once again this is depends on your hosting policy.

I'm not really sure about your other questions. Did you see page numbers at the bottom of that page? If you click those boxes it will bring you to the next page and display the rest of the entries.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. rvaleri

Thanks for the help! I was able to edit my php.ini.

On the second question, I had submitted 3 test forms. Two of those forms had the same name. Instead of making two entries for that name, the form updated and overwrote the information from the previous entry. The second form's upload date showed in the "Date Updated" column of the original entry. Also, I didn't receive an email after submission.

I just tested again using that same name, and a complete second entry was made. So, something weird must have happened in the previous tests, and all seems to be working now.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Ahh I see. One possibility I could think of. You might accidentally open the edit form, instead of the actual form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic