This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

List, update, delete?

1. garydauphin

I am very impressed with this tool's ability to create beautiful web forms! Congrats to the development team.

Now comes my confusion, could someone help me understand?

Every good database needs input, and this program is perfect for that. But, if data is to be input, then there also needs to be:

* Delete records
    * Edit records
    * List records
    * List only specific user-owned records
    * Login with password.

In addition, the forms should link to my existing tables, not connect to MacForm-created tables only, yes?

Am i missing something, or is all of that just lacking in this tool?

Thanks,

Gary

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Gary,

At this moment, you can only list, edit and delete records through the admin panel.
    Simply click "Entries" menu and you'll find the option to do so.

The other features (List only specific user-owned record & Login with password) are not available.

Also, only admin can login to admin panel. Normal users can't login there to modify any records.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. Kunnen

Sounds like you're looking for a CRUD-matrix!

I'd love multi-user features also. Right now I would like to give someone restricted access to submitted forms (viewing only, or edit rights for a few specific fields) but can't because the only possible account has full rights.

I'm not a coder myself and haven't found anyone able to build something like that for me. I've heard there will be a more advanced version of Machform though, but no clue on a release date.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. garydauphin

I do these things by hand everyday, so I know the features could be added. There are other software tools that will do these things, and yes they are more complicated to use. I love the ease of use of THIS tool, that's why we purchased it. There are some basic things that are just plain missing, in my opinion. There are some more complex things that could be added with a bit of work, but add extreme functionality to the program.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Plastic
    Pro Member

As with every other software program in the world, some people will want different features than the program offers. If all form program developers put in all the features that every form user wanted, all the form programs would be exactly the same.

MachForm has a bunch of features that are easy to use and solve a large number of problems for specific users. Adding simple features that are simple to implement may make sense of they are for the benefit of most of the users. But adding sophisticated features that become difficult to use and implement simply defeats the overall simplicity of MachForm. In addition, the more complicated the code gets, the greater the chance of errors. Just my humble opinion as a very satisfied MachForm Unlimited user.

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. Kunnen

Plastic; Indeed, users wishes may vary.

The chance of errors though can fairly easily be reduced by proper use of TMAP or any other sythematic method of testing. Ofcourse this (more time-consuming) development would also lead to an increase in cost. I for one would actually be prepared to pay a little more for additional features, like mentioned above.

Posted 14 years ago #
  7. Plastic
    Pro Member

Kunnen, perhaps AppNitro would be willing to offer a more advanced version along with the simplified version for those of you who are willing to pay the cost.

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic