This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Listing All Forms

1. theMezz

It would be nice to have some way to list all forms.

A URL to one form is

http://xxxxxxxxxxx.org/forms/view.php?id=10957

but maybe we can have something like this ..

http://xxxxxxxxxxx.org/forms/view.php?id=all

that will list all forms .. on a cool looking page using a theme of our choice .. with JUST the entry forms listed..

Just an idea that I bet many of us would find useful

Anyone find an alternative way to do this..

and the list would update itself when we added, removed or edited the title of a form.

thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

I'm not sure why you want this feature. Do you want the listed titles to be links you can click on to bring up the forms themselves? It wouldn't be useful to me; we have over 250 forms on our Machform installation, and a lot of them were just created for testing purposes.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. christiansweatt

I could use this too, actually. The forms listing would list all forms, per se, but only the ones you would choose to display on that page. I have built multiple forms for my business employees, and this would serve as a pseudo "forms" page to go along with my site for my employees to access, so that they don't have to remember multiple URLs.

Yes, a form URL is easy to bookmark; however, in my company, not all of my employees have their own computer (yes, this still exists), so they wouldn't necessarily be able to bookmark each form individually.

For those who are familiar with FileMaker, this would be similar to the web publishing page, which lists all databases to which a user has access.

If it's not possible for MachForms to dynamically create this page, maybe provide a code snippet with variables that we can use to in/exclude forms based on ID's. That way, we wouldn't necessarily be showing ALL forms that are created for one installation (e.g. test forms, incomplete forms, etc.), but only those we want the code to generate.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@christiansweatt: I agree that if you had the option to generate a live, automatically updated web page listing forms that matched certain criteria as a list of titles that were clickable links going to the named forms, that could potentially be useful at my institution. I would prefer to have the option to select forms based on the same filters that we can use to narrow down the forms we viewing in the forms manager, in addition to, or even rather than using ID numbers. At the very least, we should have the ability to list forms that have specific tags applied to them.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. frankzobitz

I realize you are looking for the functionality with MachForm, however, the ap_forms table has your form id, form name, form tags, etc. in it. I've written a select query to pull the information to dynamically display forms that have certain criteria (namely in the tag field and active field).

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. croc

Awesome Product!

I would like to see another idea explored. I have many forms and cannot recall the name and certainly not the number. I would like the ability to have "folders" so I can organize the forms that way.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. williamansley

Machform doesn't allow you to put forms into folders, but you can add tags to your forms and get similar functionality:

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-form-manager#tagging

The tags could certainly be easier to work with (Machform is badly in need of a tab manager and a way to easily apply existing tags to new forms), but it's better than nothing.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic