This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Logic Enable Rules to Skip Pages

1. dexter4000

I tinkered a little bit with the following logic but it doesnt seem to work.
    I have a dropdown with 5 elements(1,2,3,4,5). I also the 5 pages that i would like to link to this dropdown for the following logic.
    If the user selects 1 from dropdown only page1 loads and the rest skip to review. If the user selects 2 from dropdown page1 and page2 load and rest skip to review and so on...

Is something like this possible in machform ?

Thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

What version of Machform do you have? Skip Pages was introduced in Version 3.4 (MF is now up to V4.4)
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-conditional-logic-field-page.

You would have to build up your logic rules to suit the situation on each page, one field (at least) would need to be set up depending on the response to skip to the end. You can have multiple rules on a page, one for each field, or field's values in the case of drop-down or radio/check box options.

If you need faster assistance and advice on using the logic, suggest you email Appnitro support as they drop by the forum occasionally but respond faster to the email requests (within 24 hours) but not necessarily monitoring the forum as frequently.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

(Appnitro may need access to your admin side of the Machform so they can check what you have done to set the logic rules.)

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. hughhubbers

I worked it out...

1. Use the "Enable Rules to Show/Hide Fields" settings to hide the fields on the pages, you want to hide.

2. Use the "Enable Rules to Skip Pages" settings, choose the (last) field on the page, use "Is Not" and leave it BLANK

Then if a User types SOMETHING in the last field on this page, they will then skip to the last page.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. hughhubbers

Sorry further testing shows that this does NOT work....

I am trying to do the same.

The User can select how many pages to "show" from a drop down list.

So, x4 selected only x4 pages show, x3 selected only x3 pages show, and so on.

Help please....

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. hughhubbers

I am managed to work this out...

1. Add a YES/NO field to the bottom of each page (such as "Add an extra Contact")

2. Then enable "Enable Rules to Skip Pages", select the field, and choose "Is" no or yes

Simple as that !

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic