This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Logic Question

1. coachjwj

I'm using the most recent version of MachForm. I have several forms where I would like to hide a piece of the form unless something is posted in the previous form. For example I have a form for a list of donations that folks can make. And want to be able to hide the next piece which has to deal with delivery of donations. I don't want them to see/fill that out if they aren't going to donate items.

But I can't seem to find a way within the logic to show a section based on whether anything is placed in the previous section. I can't list specific items, because there are just too many of them. I simply want the second field to show if they type anything in the previous form.

Hope that makes sense. Thank you for the time!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. csamuel69

I think the logic would be if textbox is not equal to "blank" then show other elements. Or if it is multi page enable skip page logic and if textbox is equal to "blank" then skip to page 3...or similar. Clear as mud?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. carlosalvidrez

I am also looking for this... in short, I think the request to the machform team, might be to allow the dynamic display/hiding of "sections" and not only of "fields". Right?

I won't be able to use these great forms unless I can accomplish this... my client won't like a form that lists 20 sections (10 fields each), when his customers may only need to really fill in the first 2 or 3 (typically).

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic