This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

login page

1. anujagrawal

Was the machform admin login screen also developed by machforms?

I realize i can create a password field, but it doesn't appear to save that field as encrypted like the machform admin login password field does.

Is this doable?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I was thinking, may be it is as simple as making the field in the database itself an encrypted field (e.g, MD5 method) but I tried it and I can't apply the encryption to the field or form table structure for the particular field itself so that new entries have the password field encrypted when you view it in the Entries Manager.

I can edit an existing record in phpMyAdmin, and set the field containing the "password" data to MD5, and save it, and that does encrypt the information but it is another matter to make Machform do that automatically. Some code would need to be written for that purpose and would also need to recognise first up when you choose to use the single text field as a password field.

You can probably change the lot with SQL queries, but I don't know how that is done - not a SQL wiz.

One thing you could do, is use an SSL connection so that at least any data transmitted form the form to DB is over a secure/encyrpted connection even if still saved as plain text in the db.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. anujagrawal

I was just surprised that there wasn't an option under the Password field option to "Save as encrypted". Maybe the AppNitro guys have it on the TO-DO list.

Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Would agree, little point making the field a password type field (in any circumstance, not just in Machform) but not having the behind the scenes encryption in order to use it as intended.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic