This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Lots of descriptive/information text - how?

1. hsarver

I have a need to create a terms of agreement clause that requires a few paragraphs of text (approximately 1200 characters) and then the typical 2 checkboxes of "I Agree" and "I Do Not Agree."

Maybe I'm just tired but I cannot find a way to just place text on the form. Is there a way?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry, there is 255 characters limitation indeed. This should be removed in the next release.

At this moment, to allow large chunk of text, you will need to modify your ap_form_elements table field type.

Using PhpMyAdmin, change the field type of element_title and element_guidelines to mediumtext (currently VARCHAR).

Let me know if you need further help on this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. hsarver

Thanks---that's what I ended up doing. Worked fine. Again--love the program, and your personal interest in concerns and your desire towards improvements for future releases are nothing short of refreshing!!!!

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Thank you :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. BonnieC

Where are the fields to change? I feel dumb but I can't find them.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Which version of MachForm do you use?
    Version 2.0 already support large text by default.

However, older version need this fix indeed.
    To change the fields, open your PhpMyAdmin and click on "ap_form_elements" from the left sidebar.

Then click on "Structure" tab on the top. You should be able to modify it from there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. BonnieC

I'm honestly not sure which version. I just downloaded version 2.0, delted the other, and uploaded the new one. When I went to install, it said it was already installed and to delete the installer.php

But when I went to edit the form (Under form title, then description), it won't let me save paragraphs.

I guess I'm not sure where the PhpMyAdmin is? I am at the manage forms page. I don't see a PhpMyAdmin form in my folders either. My web site is hosted through a template and they had to set up the database for me, so I'm wondering if they have it and I'm missing it?

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Hmm.. have you run the upgrade.php script?
    It should be something like http://www.example.com/machform/upgrade.php

If you run that script, it will automatically change the field type for you. So you don't need to open PhpMyAdmin.

For further assistance, please mail me directly with your MachForm URL and login info.
    Send to: yuniar [at] appnitro.com

I'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. BonnieC

Okay I just tried that and I got green checkmarks on everything except the last one which has a red "x" and says Your installation has the most recent version (Version 2.

So I guess I do have it. Maybe I am trying to make a paragraphon the wrong form? I was actually trying to place a paragraph in the description of the Form Title. Would that not work there?

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Hmm..actually, it should work. You can put large paragraph there.
    Is there any error message when you save it?

Can I try login to your MachForm?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. BonnieC

You definately can, I'm quite positive it's ME, lol.

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. yuniar

ok, simply mail me your login info if you need me to check there :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic