This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

MachForm 3 Error - Connecting to Database

1. texacoon

Uploaded new version of Machform yesterday .... Today I am recieving this errror message:

Error connecting to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'nellama

Both database OR file folders were never manipulated since program installation. I do not understand why an error came in unless there is a bug in the software causing issues with the database ...

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

To me, this does indicate an issue with the database credentials, because the authentication is failing when MF tries to connect to the DB (hence the "access denied for user nellama" error.)

Please double check the database details in both the config.php and also if necessary change the password or user in phpMyAdmin (or similar db administration tool). Ask your host if you need help with that aspect. Update the config.php file and republish it, then try running MF again.

If the problem persists, Yuniar could take a look if you provide your FTP & Database details - (use the contact form http://www.appnitro.com/contact) and Appnitro can take a look at your installation.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. texacoon

Thanks for the reply AMurray ..

Took a look .. all was fine .. Now it's something different? >> what in the world?

It's giving me a page to "installer" with the following message; "Your MachForm already installed and ready.

You can login to the admin panel to create/edit your forms."

I tried to URL using the "index.php" yet the page would shift back to "installer.php".
    Tried to Renaming "installer.php" to "installer.phpOLD" ... then tried the URL to the MachForm .. It would give me an error message..

So something has happened with in the last 24 hours after upgrading from the old version of MachForm to the new version ...

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

Is this a "clean" install of V 3.2 separate from V2.x or an upgrade from 2.x (i.e. V3.2 files copied/overwritten V2.x files)?

For upgrading you need to upload all files (except 'data' folder, and 'config.php'), then you need to run the upgrade.php (not install.php) file - http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform.

I'd suggest contacting Appnitro and ask them to check your installation - http://www.appnitro.com/contact.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

texacoon -- if you still having trouble, please contact us directly and we'll check your machform. Let us know the URL to your machform.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. robsterUK

I am having this trouble today too. My forms are working and it is some months since I used the control panel but today I get the same error as above:

Error connecting to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied.................

I changed the database username and password and updated the config file to match but still get the error.

I am using V3 and wanted to update to the newer 3.3.

Any ideas?

Rob

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. robsterUK

OK scrub my previous post. I am a numpty and forgot that I changed the account name on my server sometime during the last few months but forgot to update the MachForm config file. Doh!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. bobby676

I am trying to set up a new install of machform on a 1&1 server and am getting errors with the data base upon install " Error connecting to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] ..." I double checked config file & write permissions but can't get access to the DB. Emailed tech support with no reply as of yet. Any ideas?

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. yuniar

bobby676 -- most likely you are having incorrect database hostname. If you aren on 1&1 it shouldn't be "localhost".
    Make sure to check into your hosting control panel to get the correct database hostname.

Also, can you let me know your support ticket number? I'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic